Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Pleasant Surprise

Do not adjust your computer screen, these are real words appearing on my blog. You won't believe this but I'm actually going to write more than one sentence too. So it is no secret that my move to Salt Lake has been somewhat of an inconvenient disaster. I've been through two jobs and am moving on to a third shortly. My car has been through one minor accident and a smashed sunroof. The weather has been awful. I'm not trying to complain just to illustrate that greener pastures sometimes take a while to grow. I still have high hopes that I will be able to find my niche in this city and make this move worth the struggle. Luckily, one of my Salt Lake goals (being closer to sweet concerts) has not disappointed one bit. The Lady Gaga show was completely worth the ten month wait. Pinback was a lot fun despite the dumb, dumb, dumb crowd of idiots. Menomena was fab and Arcade Fire blew the roof off of my mind-house. But, I have rarely been so impressed with a band as I was last night with The Head and the Heart. I had listened to a few songs from their self-titled debut album and figured they would be a good excuse to get myself out of the house. So I grabbed my friend Chris and away we went. Kilby Court was packed with several devotees and curious onlookers like myself. The band played with a contagious energy that lasted throughout the show. Since band is still somewhat new, you could see their love for their music and performing it had not dimmed in the least. I've got to give them credit. Best $12 I've spent in a while.



1 comments:

BjaminWood said...

Dude, I had no idea Menomena was in town. You gotta keep me updated on junk like that.