Monday, February 21, 2011

Thank The Man

This story is a bit silly, and pretty dated. When Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan and his assistant Phil Johnson resigned on February 10, I was more than a little shocked. Being die-hard Jazz fan my entire life, Jerry and Phil have always been a part of the equation. Despite my sadness and all the rumors surrounding the event, I'm glad to see these guys get their much-deserved vacation. Which brings me to my story. A few days after they resigned, I was working out at the gym. (Still going strong, baby!) After a grueling set of lifting massive amounts of weight, I took a break to refill my Thomas the Tank Engine water bottle. While walking to the fountain, I noticed a familiar face standing by the front desk. It was undoubtedly this man, Phil Johnson:

Tall, mustached, and wearing a Utah Jazz T-shirt. It was him. I had to act quick. Should I talk to him? What would I say? He was asking the attendant questions about the facility and soon they started walking toward me as they looked around. I stuck my hand out and shook his and said the only thing that came to mind,
"Thanks for everything."

1 comments:

Chess said...

Your heart was just swelling with too much emotion that could be expressed in words. I almost teared up right here. :)