Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"I'll Make Up For It Now..."

So you are singing in your car, or your shower, or while sock sliding in the kitchen....

Your voice is melding perfectly with Elton John's, or Beyonce's, or Evanescence's. Your mind is running wild. The crowd loves you. This is your moment. Time for the high note...

And your voice cracks. Or you mess up the lyrics.

What do you do?

Do you just keep on singing like nobody is listening? (Seems like the logical choice since, in fact, no one is.) Do you restart the song so you can sing it perfectly the next time? Or do you just skip to a completely different song due to your previous failure? Curse? Smack yourself in the face? Sing nonsensical lyrics? Take a sip from your water bottle like you had been planning on that the whole time?

After a late-night drive from Logan to Salt Lake last night, I realize what I do. I apologize.

To nobody.

Finally Carl Lewis and I have something in common.



0 comments: