Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hector and the Grinch

"By Hector! You're right! Christmas is right around the corner!"
-Max, who is from Australia and one of my favorite hotel guests

I'm not sure who Hector is, but Christmas is indeed around the corner. I like Christmas just fine, but I don't overlike it. Typically, I spend most of the holiday season grinching it up and doing my best to avoid Christmas music and holiday shopping until the last minute. Sunday afternoon, I was in the kitchen, wearing my new apron and cooking dinner, when I suddenly realized I was dancing to Christmas music. "What the heck?" I thought, "I must really like this stuff." And I do. So in tribute to that moment, here is the song that melted my grinch heart. There are some odd caricatures of Stevie Wonder and some inexplicable and excessive Muppets footage going on, but just roll with it. By Hector, it's Christmas.

2 comments:

Sorensen said...

Oh Cody I never took you as one to have a Grinchy kind of spirit! I'm glad Stevie could change things for you.

Cristyannie said...

Cody,
Hanson, yes mmmbop hanson, sings this song and I love it. Their Christmas CD may indeed change your life. But I love when Stevie sings it as well!