Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Aftermath

Here are the three reasons I have neglected the blogging world for the past five days:

Reason #1: My computer is...once again...not working.

"Wha...?" you say, "Your computer? Not working?" I know, I know, surprise of the century. Sunday night, I tried turning the thing on to check my fantasy scores and it did not turn on at all. I haven't had the time to really figure out what the problem is and I won't get the chance until later today. I can promise you this, if I can't figure out how to fix it, sledgehammer time will come. I'm not sure which one I want to happen more.

Reason #2: A crazy little thing called Thanksgiving food poisoning

One of the highlights of any Howard (my mom's side) family get togethers are my aunt Kritsana's egg rolls. She cooks at least a hundred at every family party and they are typically gone within an hour. They are delicious. They are awesome. They also should not be consumed ten at a time after sitting for two hours in your car. I spent the hours between midnight and four a.m. evacuating all egg rolls from my system. I set a new Cody Titmus record (at least in my adult life) for vomiting (twenty times, kids, twenty) and ended a two year streak of vomit-freeness since the Beto's incident of Winter '07. I didn't make matters much better by chugging VitaminWaters to get my liquids up and throwing my sugar levels way out of wack. So, if I have seemed a bit off the last few days, it is because I have been.

Reason #3: The last two weeks of school and my procrastinating heart

You can sympathize for me on being sick or having computer troubles, but don't feel bad for me on this one. I've put off projects, papers, and presentations for months and they are all coming down on me now. This is the time of year I make two or three trips to the library a day. It is the time of year I get pink eye and carpel tunnel from excess computer use. It is the time of year I am a little bit nicer to my teachers and more-studious classmates. Many times I thrive under the pressure and do great in these last few weeks. Other times, I become irritated and do funny things like, not turn in a final paper worth 30% of my grade. You just never know to expect.

Well, that is the update. If you don't hear from me in the next few days I am either stuck in the library labyrinth, mercilessly beating my computer into pieces, or lying dead in a gutter from eggrollio sugarinfectomyheadocanceritis.

1 comments:

BjaminWood said...

It's ok Cody. Vomit free since '09 has a better ring to it anyway.