Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Doubled Down

You've no doubt seen the KFC Double Down commercials. They are all over TV and I think they are sponsoring everything that has to do with the NBA playoffs. Two pieces of chicken, two pieces of bacon, and two slices of cheese. Sounds crazy, but just like the 50 McNugget challenge and Big Mac wraps from McDonald's, the Big Country burrito from Carl's Jr., and anything new from Taco Bell, we had to try it.

Here I am taking the first bite of the Double Down. Most of my roommates went grilled, but I went all-out fried. Overall reaction: A little on the small side for the price. It tastes wonderful. Side effects make you feel like you drank a full glass of grease.


Spence taking a big healthy bite.

Mark avoided the Double Down and ordered the Wednesday special.

Without further ado...here is your new Double Down spokesmodel, my roommate Jake.

On a different note, the next day we said goodbye to my roommate Devin. I made everyone take a roommate picture (with Devin's gf Corey) because I am the emotional sort like that. Good Luck out in the real world Devin! We will miss you!

4 comments:

David Cochran said...

I am so glad you went with the fried, makes me proud someone besides me goes for the heart attack in a bite!

Chess said...

Why am I not surprised that you jumped at the chance to eat bacon and cheese sandwiched between two pieces of chicken? Disgusting.

Jeremy said...

yuck.

BjaminWood said...

I'm still waiting for the right time to double down. I'm very curious though.