Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's Over.



Every Jazz season begins the exact same way. Hope. We think about the way our team has grown and improved from the year before. We think that this could finally be the year the Basketball Gods smile upon us and grant us that elusive NBA championship. We stick with the team through all the ups (D.Will an All-Star!) and downs(Timberwolves? Kings? Really?). We throw down massive coin for game tickets, jerseys, and Dippin' Dots (Bad economy is not bringin' their prices down. No sir.). We get amped for the playoffs. We get ticked when Jerry gets snubbed for coach of the year. Sadly, the last three seasons have ended the exact same way. By getting bounced from the playoffs by the hated L.A. Lakers.

Don't get me wrong. I'm proud of our team. We faced adversity and injuries and had a very good season. But, it really sucks losing in the playoffs. It sucks worse losing to a team that already has over a dozen titles. And it sucks even more even you have to watch said loss in person with hundreds of their fans screaming and taunting from every direction. At least we had this one shining moment in our day of darkness-


It takes awhile to get over losses like this, but I am not giving up. I will cheer on the Jazz until I'm dead. I'll talk myself into our chances next season. I will watch the draft lottery with my fingers crossed that somehow we can land the missing ingredient to our title hopes. (Who might that be, you ask? No idea.) And when I think back on the 2009-2010 season there is one thing I will always remember....



Thanks Sundy!
Go Jazz! 2011 Baby!

3 comments:

Lynds said...

Cody, I love you!! :)

Unknown said...

CODY, I REALLY NEED SOME NEW PAPER BADGE!!!

BjaminWood said...

Here here! Go Jazz.