Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Big Finish

OK.....so this post is really really late and coming at a really bad time. But some stories just have to be blogged and this is one of them. Last week, my sister Shalane and I went to Game 6 of the Jazz-Nuggets series.

Here we are! The lady in the blue D.Will jersey texting behind us was sooooooo annoying. But this post is not about her.

Here we are again. Our mother hooked us up with pretty good seats. Also, my little arm looks quite creepy in this pic. This post is not about my creepy little arm though.

The crowd was electric. Going to a playoff game is an entirely different experience than any other game. You will see why in just a second when I get around to what this post is really about.

The Jazz pulled off the win and advanced to the second round. Past Cody was really excited about all of this. Current Cody is really frustrated that we are down 0-2 to the Lakers already. Future Cody will hopefully see a big comeback. But this post is not really about all the Codys.

So what this post is really about is what happened after the game. Two rows in front of us, there were three rowdy, drunk, immature Jazz fans. Eight rows behind us, there were three rowdy, drunk, immature Nuggets fans. Following the game, these two groups met each other. Words were exchanged. A Jazz fan pushed a Nuggets fan. Nuggets fan did not like that. Jazz fan pushed him again and it was on. Punches started flying. A valiant (and elderly) usher tried to break up the fight and got pummeled. A few people got into the mix to help out the usher and we soon had an all-out brawl on our hands. It was a big mess but I remember seeing a lady kick a guy in the head and another guy fell down four rows of seats. I literally thought he was going to fall out of the upper bowl. Instead of fight, flight, or freeze, I decided to record. (Unfortunately, a guy who looked the Big Show came and stood next to me during the filming and I got scared and stopped recording after a few seconds.) Enjoy....

2 comments:

Stacey said...

No way!! I can't believe you were so close to the line of fire-- and got it on film!

Unknown said...

I had a hope you were going to give the video machine to Shalane and jump in that mix!
Great work!