Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bear Lake Pizza Trip

This blog is mostly about food.
It's supposed to be about me and, don't get me wrong, it's a lot about me. I suppose it's a lot about music and my friends. But every decent post I have ever written as revolved around food. (Think: McNuggets challenge) I blame myself a little bit, but I mostly blame Mark Francom. Mark is my roommate and he really loves food. Not in the way that he eats all the time and is morbidly obese. More in the way that one of his favorite pastimes is opening up the phone book to discuss, analyze, and critique the various eating establishments in Cache Valley. This has led to my roommates and I traveling to several different locations to experience the various flavors. On Saturday, we fulfilled our long-awaited date with destiny by eating the gigantic Old Ephraim pizza in Bear Lake.

Instead of just me and my roommates, our group grew to seventeen people divided among four vehicles. Here is a pic of everyone in my car (Emily, Stice, Maddie, Gwen, and me) which was the Party Wagon for sure. These poor people. We were bumping to a lot of great music the entire trip that I almost killed us about four times driving through Logan Canyon. I also ran a stop sign because I was in the middle of a story. I'm you all made it, friends.

Once we arrived in Bear Lake, Maddie and I posed with the Bear. This is good training before eating the Old Ephraim. Act like a Bear. Be the Bear. Eat like a Bear.


The Restaurant. They have raspberries dipped in choc!

Here is the size of the pizza. Twenty-eight inches.

I was immediately accepted into the Bear Lake Pizza Posse.


While we were waiting for the pizza I took the chance to take a picture of all the different tables. Here's Table #1....

And Table #2...

And Table #3. When you run the blog, you get to be in all the pictures and sit at all the tables.


Finally, the pizza arrived. It was one big mamma jamma.


Then, we started eating. And yes, that is a pole between Emily and I.

Two slices in, I went with the Pizza Sandwich method for slice #3.

After meeting the Grease Beast head on and suffering some damages in the process, we finally conquered it.

Before we left, I bid adieu to Brother Bear. He taught me so much in such a short amount of time.
We gave the experience eight thumbs up. You may not be able to tell, but we are sitting on top of that bear statue. We took a LOT of pictures on that thing and, to be honest, some were pretty weird. Too weird for me to put them all up here. If you really want to see them, check Facebook.
If the pizza wasn't enough (and it probably was) we went to LeBeau's after for shakes. There is nothing quite like a raspberry shake from Bear Lake. And you better believe I got one. Because food is what I am all about.

2 comments:

BjaminWood said...

I'm a LeBeau's man myself. Good form.

BjaminWood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.