Wednesday, June 23, 2010

RAG doll

Over the weekend, I volunteered for the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay, where teams of 12 run from Logan to Park City over a 24 hour period. You just read the previous sentence again didn't you? That was the first time I have ever put myself into a sentence with the word running without putting don't, hate, sucks, boring, or awful with it. The only time I run is when a frisbee or a potential ghost encounter is involved. So when my roomate Jake invited me to help out at the Wasatch Back, I had some reservations. I'm not a running person and I didn't know if I would fit in with running people. (Note to running people: You are great, but you seem like a slightly modified species of human) I wasn't sure if I could speak the lingo or dress the style. But, because I am a good friend and I didn't actually have to do any running, I went. And, I had a really good time. I spent six hours at the registration tables, handing out T-shirts, magazines, mugs, papers and talking to the thousands of runners participating in the race. Now, don't tell anyone, but I had so much fun that I might consider running something someday. Nothing big. Maybe like a 1K. I need to get a taste about what you running people are all about.

1 comments:

suzy said...

haha..i stumbled across your blog via chess. and i completely agree.
runners are somethin else.
but i have my moments where i wish i was one.