Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hawaii Trip Recap: Day Six: Kona

I promise we are getting dangerously close to finishing all this Hawaii stuff.

Day 6 takes place on the Big Island in the city of Kona...


Kona has the prettiest, bluest water of anywhere we visited. But, the beaches are all made up of this volcanic rock. Great for pictures. Not so much for sunbathing. We checked out the grounds of the Kona Hawaii temple. You gotta love any temple with palm trees surrounding it.

The highlight of the day came from our visit to the Seahorse Farm. (Sidebar: My own family didn't go to the Seahorse Farm. I went with my adoptive parents and siblings. As you can tell, my own family is a bunch of fun-sucking trip wasters. Haha. I'm just kidding. But really, how can you pass up the chance to see a flippin' seahorse farm! It's a farm of SEAHORSES!!!)
My family definitely didn't get to see this awesome blob fish...
...or all these camo-seahorses.
Seriously, we saw about a kajillion seahorses.
At one point on the tour, we got to try edible seaweed. It tasted like salty grass.
Seahorse kiss!!!
At the end of the tour, we were able to hold a seahorse.
The cute little guy just wrapped itself right around my finger. Way cool!
For some reason, Old Man River in the background was not too pleased about the pasty redhead and his new seahorse friend.
This is me at the restaurant we stopped at for lunch, with our cruise ship in the background. There was no place for the ship to port so we had to take these small yellow boats to get on to the island. That really isn't important information. I just thought I would share it anyway.
Amanda and Bria at the restaurant. You gotta love being able to sip your lemon water at a place with an ocean view and sand beneath your flip-flops. Incredible.
Just another picture of a view you see every second of the day in Hawaii.
There are a million different direction I could go describing these two pictures. But, I will just keep it clean and move on.
Shay ordered an ice cream, but instead received this chocolate and vanilla elephant tranquilizer.
Here I am with Sage, Chalis, and Chyanne, part of my new, wonderful, seahorse-loving family. I'm not sure why they look so great and I ended out the day looking like a sweaty, sun burnt mess. Must be a girl thing.

3 comments:

Chess said...

Okay, I can't count how many times I laughed out loud (and snorted) in this post. Especially those two pics and the "elephant tranquilizer." That's seriously the best name I've heard for anything. Did your seahorse friend have a name? I think he and I would get along. :) I can't post a pic of myself in boy clothes. That would ruin the put-together image I've worked so hard to create! :)

Kelsha said...

I hope someone talked to old man river about lurking unfashionably in others pictures. My guess is that the sea horses wouldn't come near him and he was jealous.

Shay said...

Well I have to admit to the Paperbadge world that YES I ate that entire ice cream aka elephant tranquilizer and many more during the trip... and I am still trying to work it all off. It was totally worth it though!