Sunday, February 21, 2010

Road Trip!

I've been on road trips before, but never anything like this.
For those of you who don't know, I am currently in the midst of a cross-country road trip from Utah to Virginia. My buddy Marcus is moving out there to begin working at an army base near Richmond. It has been bananas to the highest degree.

This is Marcus' car with the U-Haul attached to it. I have spent approximately 34 hours in this car over the past two days.

This is Marcus with his cat, Wally. Wally has also been in the car for 34 hours...

...and he pretty much runs the show.

Our first non-Utah state was Wyoming. Cold, snowy, ugly.

This is how my face feels about Wyoming.

Nebraska brought the first bit of light into our day in the form of Runza, the delicious fast-food restaurant.

We were very pleased with out runzas.


This is our hotel in Independence, Missouri. We had a crazy time getting here. We ran into ice and snow from Lincoln, Nebraska to Kansas City. We got into our room around two in the morning. This was especially awful because we left Ogden at four thirty the morning before. Over 1,000 miles of driving. It was a very long day.

Here is a blurred picture of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis as we drove by. Somehow, at the same time we drove over the Mississippi River without seeing it. I don't know how that is possible, but it happened.

In Illinois, we ate at this hip, new restaurant called Applebee's. I enjoyed the glories of the Quesadilla Burger.

There was a guardian angel watching over us while we ate. I'm pretty sure she has been watching over us for the rest of the trip.
We also stopped into the Special K, where strange things are afoot every day.
(I would also like to point out that we drove through Indiana. It was completely dark and we never stopped. So, no pictures.)

Kentucky brought us the joys of White Castle...
...and their delicious sliders.
I ate 12 of them. I guess I didn't learn anything from the McNugget Incident after all.

3 comments:

Chess said...

Oh Cody. You make me laugh. It seriously made my entire week seeing you at Katy's party. And you would designate Britney as your guardian angel. That does not even surprise me. 12 sliders? You little piggy! :)

Brooke said...

Hey enjoy your trip in VA! I love it here, and you should too. Richmond is OK, but if you have a chance (I have no idea if you're staying in Richmond at all)-- go to the confederacy's white house. Or you could hit up Thomas Jefferson's home in Monticello.. or Williamsburg... or DC. AAAAH, I love it here.

Enjoy the road!

Jeremy said...

Ha. This entire post made me laugh. Thanks for the chuckle while I sit at work.