Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hawaii Trip Recap: Day Four- Maui Again

Maui Wowi!

I really just wanted to say that.

Moving on...


Day 4 began with a trip to Lahaina when we happened to see this big dead swordfish. Of course, being a tourist, you have to get your picture next to stuff like this. It's the law. Now when you looked at the picture above, you may have thought to yourself, "Cody, that does not appear to be your family. Who are you standing with?" Well, I'll tell ya. This is the Thacker family (minus Mom and Dad) and they are in definite need of a Paper Badge shout-out. My actual family had one extra person than seats in their rental van and the Thackers had one extra seat than people. So I rode with them. The entire trip. And it was awesome. They adopted me into their family and we did like a million awesome things on the trip that my actual family never did. So there. To sum things up, I had a great family vacation, I just spent it with a different family than I was planning on. Go Thackers! You guys are great!!!


In Lahaina, we sailed out into the ocean in the ReefDancer, a submarine-ish boat which is kind of like that Finding Nemo ride in Disneyland. Only it's real. It is the perfect alternative for anti-snorkelers like myself.
This is what our boat looked like on the inside. Yea tank tops!!!

This is what it looked like when we looked out the window. Yea unknown fish!
There were two scuba divers who would find creatures and bring them up close to our window...
...like this little sea urchin.

The best part of the whole ride happened when one of the divers brought this seven-legged octopus up to the window.
It was really cool. We also saw a few turtles, but I was never able to get a picture of them.
Suddenly, just when things appeared to be going so great, the heptapus attached himself to the diver's face. The diver tried his best to pull the beast of himself, but it was too late. He was doomed. We watched in horror as the heptapus slowly began to suck the diver into his cavernous belly. It was in that moment I remembered something I learned in Mrs. Bowter's fourth grade class: An octopus is your friend until the bitter end, but beware of the heptapus, an enemy to all of us.
Okay, back to reality. Here I am posing next to my trusty steed, the Yellow Submarine.

I took a few shots of the surrounding area from the boat.

Que lindo!
I could make up another story about this sunken ship, but this post is already becoming the longest blog post ever made.
Here I am @ Bubba Gump's doing my best running while sitting pose.
View from Bubba Gump's. Second only to the view from BK Lounge in Logan.
And here I am standing in front of the view. Hey there, champy.

Next, we visited the Iao Valley and Needle Point. The Point is being covered by a tiny branch in the picture. (I am a GREAT photographer!)

Here is it up-close and sans branch.

Look what else we found! Rafiki's tree! Major success!
Here I am with one real sister and two adopted sisters standing in front of the Need. Can you tell which sis is which?
Maui is really really pretty. Like wowi pretty.

Here are two of the real sisters. They are wowi pretty too. Finally, my real sisters, my adoptive sisters, a friend of a sister, my second Mom and I all posed for a picture in front of the Needle. (Who is a mountain, not a sister.)

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

I have to say that this made me laugh. Also, I think that comment that said "que lindo" was the most spanish I've ever heard/read from you. I was impressed!

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Having lived in Maui for 3 years, I think it is truly the BEST! Glad you had fun.

Emily said...

I laughed and laughed and felt a little jealous. Great Post. No one else who posted a comment thought the Mrs. Bowter wisdom was as funny as I did. I, too, am glad you had so much fun!