Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Me vs. The Space Needle

This past week, I spent five days of the Spring Break holiday in beautiful Seattle, Washington. The picture above is me enjoying a cruise around Elliot Bay with the Seattle skyline in the background. Part of our trip itinerary was to make a trip to the top of the Space Needle, Seattle's most famous landmark. My problem with this idea is that I am very, very, very afraid of heights. But, from this distance it looks pretty weak...I thought maybe I could handle it...

...once we got closer, I realized that it was actually pretty tall...
...and from here, I was about ready to wet myself...
...but somehow I got dragged into going. As you can see, the girls were very excited. I was not. The first time we went up, I hid in the corner of the elevator with my hood over my face and my eyes closed. Once we made it to the top, I stayed in the inside lobby and kept my distance from any doors, windows, or other items that could suck me outside into instant death. But the second time we went up...

...I went outside! As you can see, I stayed as far away from the edge as I could get. Have I conquered my fear of heights once and for all?


NOPE.

Not even a little bit.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! We would be great traveling companions… You: Terrified of heights. Me: Habitual urinator (from Fear) of flying! “Look out ya’ll, two tough guys coming through!”

Chess said...

I never would've pegged you as afraid of heights! Good to see you today, btw! :)

Emily said...

Cody! I live 30 minutes from the Seattle Space Needle and I actually went up and took a peek last week too! We probably walked right past each other. Sheesh! Coulda called. I know some cool Seattle stuff. ;)