Tuesday, March 9, 2010

wrestling

Without further ado, here is the mustache.....



Pretty gross, no? But kinda cool as well? I allowed this thing to creep on my face as a way of fitting in with the crowd of our planned activity for last Saturday night, a guy's night out to the Road to Wrestlemania!


Here are four of us packed into Spencer's car as we left Logan. Matt and I pretty much dominated this picture. Spencer is the glasses on the left and Mark is the green jacket and half a face on the back left. Matt is the goober and I am the mustache.

We met up with Jake @ the Red Robin and we treated to a private table inside "The Vault"

The Vault featured a giant security door, our own TV, and a bunch of cool posters, including this sexy pose from the Mailman.
But the Mailman wouldn't be the only guy we would be seeing with his shirt off. Not hardly. The excitement began with a tag team match featuring Mark Henry and the high-flying Evan Bourne.
The action had our attention from the very beginning.
One of the highlights of my night came in the form of Chris Masters (the guy not wearing purple pants in the photo above). His signature move, the MasterLock, is unbeatable. Once he gets that locked in, you can't escape. Game Over.
Here is Christian, aka Captain Charisma, celebrating his victory.
I had a lot of clever things to say about this picture, but I really think it speaks for itself.
Spencer and Matt did their best John Cena impersonation...
...while I did my part to bring Diamond Dallas Page back to life.
The fun really got going when my favorite wrestler, Kofi Kingston, came to the ring.
As you can tell, his opponent, the Big Show was quite a bit taller and larger than Kofi. But Kof put up a really good fight. I thought he was going to win after he landed his two signature moves, the Boom Drop and Trouble in Paradise. But the Show was too much for Kofi in the end. I was devastated. I really don't want to talk about it.

The biggest pop (wrestling lingo for cheer) of the night came for the midget sideshow, Hornswoggle.

He introduced the entrance of D-Generation X, at which point half the audience busted out their $10 glow sticks.

For the main event, DX teamed up with fan-favorite John Cena in a three man tag-team match against "bad guys" Randy Orton ("The Viper"), Batista ("The Animal"), and Sheamus ("The Blindingly White Irish Guy").

Orton egged on the crowd by telling them to quiet down during their cheers for Cena.

The good guys won and Mark was very pleased with the final product, and I was very pleased with my final product......

2 comments:

Cristyannie said...

I seriously feel like I was there after reading this post. I wish I would have been! My coworker Corina and I love your Diamond Dallas Page impression.

Chess said...

That is indeed a 'stache. Why is there no follow-up picture to your naked face? :)