Monday, March 8, 2010

My Face Is Naked


For the first time in over two years, I have removed every visible trace of hair from my face. It was really hard, but it had to be done. My roommates and I attended the WWE wrestling event on Saturday (more on that soon) and I figured that sporting a mustache would be the best way to fit in. (It was) But the mustache could not stay, (it was fun for sure, but really gross) so last night everything came off. The best way I can describe the process would be like shooting your favorite dog right in the head. (Only in this analogy, your dog can miraculously "grow" back to life) It has been a tough morning. I have contemplating a few of the pros and cons of being Baby Face McGee.
Pros:
  1. Heighten sense of smell. (This idea is hypothetical at this point. I just feel like there are a lot more smells entering my nostrils than I am used to. Does facial hair block smells? Who knows. I am also listing this under pros for now, but it could definitely, definitely, be a con.
  2. No food, dead skin, toothpaste, or dust particles hanging from my face.
  3. Washing my face is exponentially easier.

Cons:

  1. I look like a little kid.
  2. I miss my beard/friend.
  3. Instead of people saying I look like Justin Timberlake (really happened back in the shaved head days, people!) or the guy from Modern Family, I will be told I look like Donny Osmond.
  4. Shaving is waaaaaaaaaay worse than trimming
  5. Did I mention having some hair on the face really makes me look my own age?
  6. Having a shaved face does not make you a part of an elite, super-cool, awesome club. Growing facial hair does just that.
  7. What am I going to do the next time I go to a wrestling match? Just walk in without any type of fur going on? I don't think so.
  8. I am going to get ID'd a lot more often.
  9. I can never get my sideburns even.
  10. There is nothing to protect me from mosquitoes, sunburn, blow darts, marker fights, the zit fairy, pinching, or a good smacking.

Cons win 10-3!

The re-growing of facial hair will commence.................NOW!

3 comments:

Chess said...

I get mistaken for a kid all the time. It's somebody else's turn! Haha! :)

Cristyannie said...

I love this! No one in Thailand ever believed I was older than Shay or that I was older than 15. It's fun huh?

BjaminWood said...

No mustache pics? Come on man!