Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sleepy

Have you ever been so tired that you couldn't decide if you wanted to throw-up or cry? This is the point I have reached as I type at 7:50 a.m. on a perfectly crummy Saturday morning. Last night a few friends and I were in Salt Lake at the Urban Lounge to watch The Helio Sequence in concert. I originally thought the show began at seven, which I later learned it started at nine. After sitting through two adequate warm-up bands (Birthquake, anyone?) and their epically long set-ups, the Sequence finally took the stage at about 12:15. And, let me just say something here. Wow. I have owned Helio Sequence's Keep Your Eyes Ahead for more than a year, but I only listened to it occasionally. I thought the concert would be fun, but I was a little nervous my friends and I would be dissapointed. (Especially after the long wait) Not so. My expectations were completely blown out of the water, and then pummeled to death by a Sasquatch. Wet, pummeled expectations. The band was just great and I would totally recommend them to anyone. But there was one slight problem. I had to work this morning at 7, which meant only two and a half hours sleep after we got home at 3:30. (I got pulled over again on the ride home. Bleh.) I might be a little diva-ish, but this boy needs more sleep than that! I am going to go ahead right now and say that it is totally worth it, but with seven hours left to go on my shift, I might be re-thinking that.

5 comments:

Cristyannie said...

Oh man Cody, I was going to go last night went with my friends Jon and Shawn and Shawn's new crush who is 20 she tried to use someone else's I.D. and the guy was like sorry so we didn't go! But I'm glad that it was amazing! I hope you get so much sleep tonight!

Chess said...

I suggest you throw up first. Then cry. Then get a Jamba Juice on your break. That's what I do! Chin up, kid, your shift is almost over! :)

krista said...

Aw man that sounds like it was way fun! By the way, how is that managerial position of yours goin?

Kelsha said...

It must be sooo hard to have so much fun all of the time ;)

Cody said...

The life of a manager is great. More money, slightly more responsibility. I have to get yelled at every once in a qhile but I would say that it is worth it.