Thursday, November 12, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

I like to portray myself as a connoisseur of underground music. I love finding new bands and sharing them with others gives me great pride. But I am not afraid to admit, I love mainstream pop divas. (Except Pink. Get out, you skud!) Most of you might be aware that I have a slight Rihanna infatuation. You also might have heard that I went to a Britney Spears concert and liked it. I have no reservations bumping some PCD, GaGa, or MJB on my iPod. But would it surprise you that I have a sweet spot for Mrs. Mariah Carey? (I'm guessing that it would not.) Just like the rest of these girls, (sans Rihanna) I don't dig on all her stuff. But when she is on, she is on. Obsessed? That song is the joint. Fantasy? Straight cash money. One Sweet Day? That song kicks all kinds of different butts. But the song that really waxes my car is her rendition of the Bad Finger/ Henry Nilsson song "Without You." Yes, it's a hopeless romantic love song. Yes, it's cheesy. I like it anyway. Remember the dude from Seinfeld that couldn't concentrate on anything when Desperado came on. That is me with this song. I have no choice but to emote. (PS- I think Desperado blows, but who am I to judge?) Girl belts it, ok? Now go ahead and watch it while I grab some tissues.



First of all, doesn't she look way different, yet prettier? Second, time to 'fess up, Paper Badgers! I know I am not alone here. What is your guiltiest pleasure song?

0 comments: