Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hawaii Trip Recap: Day Three- Maui

Day 3 of my Hawaiian adventure began with our ship arriving on the beautiful island of Maui. We were able to spend two days on Maui, and boy did we make the best of it.


Here me, Ty, Nika, and Shalane wait at the port for the rest of our party to arrive.


We went to a singles ward in some Hawaiian town. The parents got all of us kids to pose together in our church clothes! (L-R) Shalane, Nika, me, Bria, Amanda, Chyanne, Sage, Chalis, Colton, and Ty in the middle.


...and a close-up too!
After church we decided to hit up the beach. For some reason, I decided that a blue polo shirt was my best choice for beach wear. Really, Cody, really?


This was my view from my beachside towel. This picture does not do the real thing justice. Not even close.




That night, we were treated to a special Polynesian dance show on our cruise ship. Similar to the show at the PCC, we saw dances from Hawaii, Fiji, Somoa, New Zealand, and Tonga. The dancers were very entertaining and loved to use volunteers from the audience...


...including this guy. He was chosen to hula dance with this cross-dressing hula beauty. After the show, he came up and talked to our group (you'll see why in a minute). He became one of our cruise ship buddies and we shared a touching man-hug on the day our cruise ended. No lie. Me and this guy right here hugged it out.


At the conclusion of the show, the dancers each brought up a lucky person to learn and perform the hula. Chalis and Colton were called up and here they are learning the dance. They gave us literally thirty seconds to learn it. I say us because I got called up too.


Chalis stole the show by "pulling a crunk" and taking the hula to a whole different level.


Now for me.
I was selected by the hottest of all the girls performing. Instead of using all my charm and skills and rocking her world, I froze.


She tried her best to show me what to do. It wasn't any use. I couldn't do a thing.


When I had my moment in the spotlight, I got low to the ground and did an impersonation of either a surfer or a bald eagle. Either way, I don't think you could call it the hula.


Hook shot!
As my partner (I never learned her name cuz I was just too darn nervous) led me back to my seat, my face said it all: I sucked.


But a really hot scantily-clad girl grabbed my hand and danced with me for two whole minutes! Sweet!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Let me just say, I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog, Codeman. It's always cool and really entertaining and sometimes weird. whatever you do, Don't stop. :)

BjaminWood said...

Cody, if you freeze like that what are you going to do when the day comes for Rihanna to pull you onstage with her? Hmmm?

Cody said...

Ben- you are totally right. It would be like that times 100.
Emily- I take everything you said as a complement in the highest regard. Seriously.