Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's Alive!


After two long months, I am finally in possession of a working computer. It feels great. Sort of. I took my computer to the Mac store at the Gateway last week (if you are wondering why it took two months for me to take the computer there, don't ask. It is a very long story) where I was told the hard drive was not partitioned (?) correctly when I had the new hard drive installed. Shawn, by far the most helpful Genius I have met there, fixed that problem and had me rolling out of there in twenty minutes, which beat my previous Mac store time by about an hour and a half. So, I have a computer that turns on, which is an improvement. I can download music again, which is glorious. But, my computer has a tendency to freeze and think about stuff for looooong periods of time. This is why I bought a Mac so this wouldn't happen. Am I surprised by this? No. But '07 Cody would be. Would I be surprised if my computer is dead when I get home from work today? No. Would I be surprised if I got a call from "The Ring" guy giving me a creepy "seven days" threat? A little. My response would be something along the lines of "Wait, is that for me? Oh. OK. My computer? Yeah, that sounds about right. Mmhmm. Actually, it may be a little generous. OK. Thanks. Buh-Bye." Am I going to drop 300 bones so I can send the thing out to MacLand and have the hard drive, CD-Rom, et all. taken care of? Undecided. Unde-flippin-cided.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

What a pain! I'm glad it's kind of a little bit better now. Good luck with your $300 decision, that's a toughie. I surely hope "the ring" guy doesn't call you. That movie ruined my life for a good two weeks. Terrifying.

Cristyannie said...

I think longer than two weeks...

I'm glad your computer is working mostly! I do love reading your blog so I'm happy.

BjaminWood said...

Ring GIRL technically, but an effective visual nonetheless.