Saturday, August 29, 2009

Leprechaun Dance

School started on Monday and it is as painful as I remember it being last year. There are a few upsides I suppose; seeing some of my technical writing buddies, chilling out on the Quad, etc. But, for the most part attending class makes me want to light myself on fire and run through endless shards of bee-covered glass. Luckily my cereal box of doom is not without a salvatory toy at the bottom. I have a few things I am giddy as a goat about. In no particular order, here they are:

  • Football season!- OK, this one may be an a particular order. Next Thursday, the real football season kicks off as the University of Utah hosts Utah State. I will be in attendance and if you do not know who I am cheering for then you do not know me as well as you think you do (Here is a hint: Not Utah State). As much as I love the other sports of the world, football is different. I don't know what it is, but it is different and I can't wait to spend every Saturday and Sunday (and Monday, some Thursdays, and the occasional Friday) watching it.
  • Football season! Pt. 2- As part of the kickoff festivities, my buddy Marcus and I will be traveling to San Francisco to attend the 49er's home opener against the Seattle Seahawks. We really splurged to get decent seats (Ninth row baby!) which basically means that Mr. Cody will not be able to afford vacations like this for a long, long time. (PS- If somehow under God's will I have a computer by that time, there will be blog! Oh yes, there will be blog.)
  • Fantasy football!- Haha. This is not a joke. But yeah, I will stop with the football stuff now. (Go C.Titty Brigade!)
  • How I Met Your Mother season 5 premiere (Sept. 21 on CBS)- It's going to be....
  • Supernatural season 5 premiere (Sept. 10 on the CW)- If you are familiar with this show you might have heard it is infamous for the crazed female fans of it's two hunky male leads. This is not why I watch the show, I swear. When my friends explained the show to me they said it was about "two hot young brothers who drive around the country in an Impala hunting demons". I laughed, then I sat down and watched and episode, and then another, and you get the story. I was hooked. Let me count the ways that this show is awesome. (1) Great storyline. (2) Always funny and clever. (3) Features tons of classic rock. (4) One time, I was watching it at night and I got so freaked out I had to turn on every light in the house. (5) Tons of action. (6) Impromptu lip-syncing. (7) Did I mention they are killing demons? So that is seven reasons I love the show right there and I promise it's not because I think the guys are hot.
  • The Sounds & Foxy Shazaam on Oct. 30.
  • Passion Pit on Oct. 7.
  • Dirty Projectors on Nov. 7.
  • The Australian Pink Floyd Show on Sept. 16.
  • My sister gets home from her mission on October 20th or something like that!
  • Picking flowers in Sardine Canyon on breezy fall mornings.
  • Listening to the Best of The Beach Boys the first day it snows in Logan (I will not even joke around and make a prediction on when that will be).
  • Lighting myself on fire and running through shards of bee-covered glass the first time I go to school and realize I forgot to write a paper.

So that is what I am excited about in my near future? Are you excited for me to blog about it? Oh, by the way, the title is what all of this stuff makes me want to do.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand completely. Sometimes I actually mimic dousing myself with lighter fluid and throwing a freshly light match into my lap... Childish? Yes.
As for football season I too feel as though a piece of myself will return in the next week. I am even excited for the Utah game!

Chess said...

"Every Saturday" AND "the occasional Saturday"? Hahahaha, nice. And I think that you secretly think that the brothers are hot. I like what you're going to do when it snows... kind of how I like to play Christmas music in the summer sometimes.

Cody said...

Chess- Thanks for the correction. This is what happens when I blog at eight in the morning! I am glad I have my English buddies to keep me in line!

Kell- I thought about you as I wrote my football ode and I am glad you responded. I am so stoked for football I would watch Weber State!

Unknown said...

The New Dexter Season 4 on Sep. 27 (feat. John Lithgow) = No Love