Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Car?


With the Cash for Clunkers program plus a CD rolling over next week, it seems like now might be a good time for the Codester to get an upgrade in the vehicle department. I am pretty excited about this prospect, but also a little sad. The Monte Carlo and I have been together since I was 16, and I am not sure I want to think about life without her. But, she is getting old and I am probably (definitely) not going to get this kind of trade on her ever. (Just as a fair warning if I clunk the Carlo, there will be a minimum 12-paragraph, 6-photo farewell post on this blog.) So, what do you guys think? Should I go for it? Any suggestions? Or should I just flip off the window of opportunity and drive the Mount Carl until the wheels fall off?

5 comments:

Jeremy & Stacy said...

Go for it for sure!

Chess said...

Go for it! Can I hit a bottle of wine against it the first time you drive it? (Oh wait, is that just for ships?)

Stacey said...

Mr. Opportunity is knockin'... time to let him in.

Sorensen said...

I'd say go for it. It's not everyday you find an opportunity to buy an 09' toyota corolla!

BjaminWood said...

Dude, I gotta say no. The cash for clunkers is only for brand-spanking-new cars. You'd still probably find a better deal selling your car by yourself and looking for a less-used vehicle and maybe even hold on to some of the CD