Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Two Psychic Friends


This morning, I rolled out of bed promptly at 10:45. I grumpily staggered around my room for a few minutes before I decided I really didn't feel like putting forth the effort to get ready for my 11:30 class. So, I sat down in my chair, kicked up my feet, and before I could even turn on my TV, I got a text message from my friend, Krista. It said: You better not be skipping today. Kelsha and I have a plan. Krista and Kelsha are two of my friends in the technical writing program at school. First of all, no they were not staring though my window. Secondly, I don't know how they knew I was planning on sluffing school. Last of all, I had no idea what this plan was and if it somehow involved my apartment, my car, or my face being vandalized, I wanted no part of it. So I went to class.

Lucky for me there plan was to go to lunch at Chili's. I was super-fine with that. I took my new camera and told them I would give them a shout-out blog style.


Here they are. Kelsha is on the left, Krista is on the right. You can click on the links and visit their girl blogs. They are the two people who got me to start blogging, so if for any reason you like reading this, you can literally thank them for it. They are both whiz tech writers, which makes me wonder why they keep me around. Academically, I contribute nothing to the group. Actually, it is more like negative. I am a negative academic contributor. Maybe I make them feel smarter.

I would also like to give a shout-out to myself and my great coloring skills. Kelsha and I each colored a chili and donated a dollar to help a children's hospital or something. I would have taken some pictures of the artwork, but I forgot. I was too mesmerized by the food. These are the kind of things I will learn as I blog more. Krista decided not to color a chili because she hates kids. Hates them. OK, I'm just playing. She doesn't hate all kids. Just sick ones.

I would also like to give one last shout-out to the Chicken Fajita Quesadillas. So delicious. To steal a line from Tom Petty, "you wreck me, baby."

5 comments:

Stacey said...

That is really funny. What a great plan though. Cody, I too love the chicken fajita quesadillas! Now I need them. Maybe, and by that I mean I probably am going to make Kelly take me there tonight.

Pearl just saw your picture and said "I wanna go see Cody."

Chess said...

Yum! I love Chili's!

Kelsha said...

Speaking of your psychic friends, don't forget to turn in your exploration/billboard tomorrow :)

Oh, and we keep you around for your rugged good looks and your winning smile... in case you were wondering.

BjaminWood said...

Huh, I would have assumed that Kelsha was the kid-hater. I guess Krista just has that fake-innocent-smile down pat.

krista said...

Dang straight I do...and yes I am psychic...