Thursday, September 24, 2009

Our Generation's Traveling Wilburys

I know I am putting up a ridiculous amount of videos lately, but this is pretty important. There are few things in the music world that are met with as much hype as a "supergroup". Any supergroup is fun to watch because you know after they record some great tracks the eventually end up wanting to kill each other. Historically, they haven't happened too often, but with bands like the Dead Weather, Them Crooked Vultures, and the epic Tinted Windows being formed recently, we might be entering the age of the supergroup. The latest installment comes in the form of Monsters of Folk, featuring Jim James (My Morning Jacket), M. Ward (She & Him, solo), Conor Oberst and Mike Mogis (Bright Eyes). I must say I am pretty excited for this one and can't wait to listen to their self-titled album, which came out on Tuesday. Here they are performing on Conan a few days ago:

It might not last long, but I will enjoy it while it does.

1 comments:

Sorensen said...

Dammit dude why do you always have to post videos. You know that I can't hear the sound at work! My imagination can only go so far.